Ellen, Stop Pinched Fingers, Transparent Retail Packaging for Various European Markets.
Bell Packaging approached Elton B.V. in writing to offer them various Jetran® Packaging solutions for their product ranges.
After initial telephone discussions and outline costings a meeting was set up to consider a specific project. The meeting was attended by Marketing,Technical and Purchasing representatives and a detailed presentation was given by both companies.
It was decided that 2 versions of retail packaging would be required for the launch of this new product across Europe with the emphasis on both quality and safety of use.
Stop Pinched Fingers is a new product developed with children in mind. It is a self adhesive strip that is secured to both the door frame and the door and prevents fingers being trapped when the door is closed and is available in various colours and designs to blend with existing decor. More information can be seen on the Elton website at www.elton.nl.
Working very closely with Elton Product Manager Mr Fokke Ros the following specification was agreed:
- 2 bespoke sizes of Jetran® tubing to be manufactured in PET to suit different retail styles in specific European markets.
- 2 bespoke sizes of staple free Patented Jetlok® end closures to be manufactured to suit with specific Ellen Logos embossed into the mould tooling – The unique Jetlok® design of packaging allows the end cap to be secured to the Jetran® Tube without the need for any staples, rivets or self adhesive labels . The locking mechanism on the cap gives total security until the pack is opened – Once opened the Jetlok® cap can be refitted, resealed and the finished Pack reused.
- All Jetlok® products are protected by one or more of the following granted intellectual property rights – UK Patent GB 2355000B and European Community Registered Designs 001082739 001, 002, 003, 004,005
- A Natural colour was chosen for the Jetlok® end caps and spaghetti loops which are inserted to allow the packs to hang at point of sale.
- A market & language specific printed board insert was developed to be used with the generic Jetran® & Jetlok® packaging.
- Additional Jetran® and Jetlok® assembly equipment was supplied to ensure the in-house packing operation was both accurate and achieved timing targets set.
New mould tooling for the Jetlok® end caps was created and all packaging was delivered on time to allow the product to be launched at the recent DIY exhibition held at Earls Court in London.
The Jetran® & Jetlok® packaging has proved to be a success and Elton have since commissioned a new bespoke size to package a premium aluminium letter flap for sale across Europe.